A test can be added to an encounter template, which means it is included on all future encounters. Or, a test can be added to an encounter while the patient is in the office, which will add the test to that encounter only and not affect the encounter template. Instructions for each scenario are below.
- Access Admin > Encounters / Interviews > Encounter Screen Library.
- Open the screen that will include the new test.
- In the Test Category field, select a Test Category from the dropdown menu.
- Click the + icon beside the appropriate Available Tests to add it to the Current Tests grid.
- Click 'Layout Screen.'
- The new test is displayed stacked on top of the previous tests. With your cursor positioned in the header bar, click and hold, move the test to the desired position.
- Click 'OK.'
- Click 'Save.' Note: All future encounters that include the screen will now include the added test.
- Within a patient's opened encounter, access the screen that requires the new test.
- Click 'Add Test.'
- Highlight the appropriate Test Category to view the available tests.
- Highlight the test to add and click 'Add.' Note: The test is added to the bottom of the screen.