RevConnect settings are designed to be location specific. Each location determines what type of automated messages should be created and sent, how often the time frame messages should be sent, and message template options. For most offices, our recommended settings will meet the practice needs and allows a practice to get up and running quickly.
- Click the RevConnect icon within the system's navigation bar to access the RevConnect Dashboard. See Example
- Click the Settings tab. See Example
- The location name displayed within the Locations dropdown menu will default to the employee's primary location. If necessary, change the location. Note: Only those locations the employee has access to will appear in the dropdown menu.
- The practice name, address, main phone, and email as entered in Admin > General > Locations > (open location) > Location Details slider, is displayed. Click 'Edit' to navigate to the Location within Administration to update practice information.
- RevConnect is 'ENABLED' and 'DISABLED' by clicking the appropriate button. See Example
RevolutionEHR has configured "Recommended Settings" for Communication Categories and Communication Times. Click 'ON' to use the recommended settings, or, click 'OFF' to customize RevConnect for your practice. See Example
Notice, 'ON' is displayed in dark blue which indicates "Use Our Recommended Settings" has been enabled. The Communication Categories and Communication Time settings cannot be changed until "Use Our Recommended Settings" is changed to "OFF."
Communication Categories are Appointment, Recall, Recare, Order, and Birthday. "Use Our Recommended Settings" must be set to 'OFF' to customize the communication settings for each category.
An appointment reminder is automatically sent to patients based on the settings configured within "Send a reminder." Input the parameters for the time frame of the reminder. Click on the link "Add a reminder" to have multiple reminders setup. Click the 'X' to delete a reminder. Click 'OFF' to disable this communication category. See Example
In this example, an appointment reminder will be sent:
- One week prior to the appointment, AND
- One day prior to the appointment, AND
- Two hours prior to the appointment, AND
- 30 minutes prior to the appointment.
A recall notice is automatically sent to patients based on the settings configured within "Send a reminder." Input the parameters for the time frame of the recall. Click the link "Add a reminder" to have multiple recalls setup. Click the 'X' to delete a reminder. Click 'OFF' to disable this communication category. See Example
In this example, a Recall reminder will be sent:
- Two weeks prior to recall, AND
- Three days prior to recall.
Recare will help recapture patients who have not had a comprehensive encounter within the specified time period and do not have an active recall or appointment scheduled for a comprehensive encounter. Note: Comprehensive encounter is defined as any encounter marked "Is Comprehensive" in Admin > Encounter/Interviews > Encounter Templates. See Example
Recare notifications are automatically sent to patients based on the settings configured within "Send a reminder." Within the dropdown menu, indicate how often your practice would like to see comprehensive exams. Input the parameters for the time frame of the Recare notice to be sent. Click 'OFF' to disable this communication category. Click 'X' to delete a reminder. See Example
In this example, the practice would like to see a patient for a comprehensive exam every 12 months. A Recare reminder will be sent:
- One week prior to a recare, AND
- One day prior to a recare.
An order notification is automatically sent to patients when their order is ready. Click 'OFF' to disable this communication category.
- Eyeglass and Frame order communications are sent when 'Verify Order' has been clicked by the user.
- Contact Lens and Contact Lens Trials order communications are sent when 'Receive Order' has been clicked by the user.
A birthday message is automatically sent to patients on the day of their birthday. Click 'OFF' to disable this communication category.
The default setting for Communication Times is set to "Office Hours." Click the radio button beside "Manually Set Hours" to customize the time that automated communications will be sent.
Automated communications are sent during the office hours that have been setup within Admin > General > Location > Office Hours. Communications will not be sent on days the practice is closed; they will be sent the next business day the practice is open. See Example
Manually Set Hours
Communications will be sent during the time specified.
Send On Weekends: Enable the checkbox to have automated communications sent to patients on weekends. If this checkbox is not enabled, communication that would normally be sent on a weekend will be sent the following Monday (e.g. patient's birthday).
Templates have been created for each type of notification. These templates comply with HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, TCPA, and other federal and local regulations and are written to help you stay compliant. We recommend you use these templates whenever possible.
To update a template (sample instructions are for editing an email and also apply to editing a text message):
- Access RevConnect > Settings.
- Click 'Edit Email' for the template you want to change. See Example
- Insert your cursor to the position you want your change to begin.
- Type your text, and/or
- Click an "Available Fields" button (in the right column).
- Example of original message template before changes.
- Example of new text and a new Available Field added to a template.
- Although not required, it is highly recommended you click 'Send Test Message.' This action will send you a message within your Messages module. Note: Some message elements are added after the message leaves RevolutionEHR. For a complete picture of your messages, you may want to send yourself the alert via email or text message.
- Click 'Update.'
- Review your Message within the Messages module; return to the template to make any additional changes. See Example
Send Text Messages Only
If the patient is eligible for both text and email messages, this setting will ensure the patient does not receive a text message and an email message. When this setting is ON, the patients that are eligible to receive both text message and email will only receive a text message. The default setting for this feature has been set to OFF. Note: If the patient has an invalid cell phone number, it is necessary to manually email the patient until the cell phone number has been corrected. See Example
Wait List communications to the patient are a manual process. Notice, Wait List Notification templates have been created within Available Templates.