The process of associating an encounter to an optical order begins within the encounter. Do not assign the optical charges to an invoice until after encounter charges have been assigned.
Step 1 - Encounter
- Open an encounter.
- Access Check-Out > Billing.
- Assign the encounter charges to an invoice (leave the invoice in Pending).
Step 2 - Orders Optical
- Start or open an optical order.
- Access the Billing tab.
- Click the search icon located beside Associated Encounter.
- Select an encounter.
- Click 'Save.'
- Click 'Approve.'
- In the Billable Items section in the Unassigned tab, click the + icon within the line item to assign the charges to the invoice; then continue with normal processing procedures.