The following information is how to post a patient's payment when the patient has purchased directly from your contact supplier and the contact supplier remits payment to you.
Two options are available:
- Option 1: The deposit slip reflects the payer as the contact supplier and displays the amount the contact supplier remitted to you.
- Option 2: The deposit slip reflects the payer as the patient.
- Add the contact supplier to the Insurance Companies category within Vendors/Partners.
- Add the contact supplier to the patient's insurance component within the patient's file.
- Create the order. Video instructions available.
- Drag and drop the charges to the contact supplier to create an invoice.
- Enter the payment amount and write off the contractual amount that the contact supplier retained, similar to the process for posting vision insurance payments.
- Create an invoice for the patient.
- Complete one of the following based on whether you want your records to reflect the amount the patient paid to the contact supplier or the amount the contact supplier paid to your office.
- Enter the full payment amount the patient paid to the contact supplier.
- Enter the payment amount the contact supplier remitted to your practice and add a write off for the amount the contact supplier retained.
- If a write-off option is preferred, we recommend adding a write-off reason specific to this type of situation.