The following information is how to post a patient payment when the patient has purchased directly from your contact supplier and the contact supplier remits payment to you.
Two options are available and is dependent upon if you want to record the amount the patient paid the contact supplier or record the amount the contact supplier paid your office.
The deposit slip reflects the payor as the contact supplier and displays the amount the contact supplier remitted to you.
- Add the contact supplier to the Insurance Companies category within Vendors/Partners.
- Add the contact supplier to the patient's insurance component within the patient file.
- Create the order. Video instructions available.
- Drag and drop the charges to the contact supplier to create an invoice.
- Enter the payment amount and write off the contractual amount that the contact supplier retained (similar to the process for posting vision insurance payments).
The deposit slip reflects the payor as the patient.
- Create an invoice for the patient.
- Complete one of the following based on whether you want your records to reflect the amount the patient paid to the contact supplier or the amount the contact supplier paid to your office.
- Enter the full payment amount the patient paid to the contact supplier.
- Enter the payment amount the contact supplier remitted to your practice and add a write off for the amount the contact supplier retained.
- If a write-off option is preferred, we recommend adding a write-off reason specific to this type of situation.