The following instructions are to return an optical order.
- Open the optical order that is being returned. This can be accomplished by either:
- Patients > search for and open the patient > Orders - Optical > open the order.
- Orders > Advanced Search > search for and open the order.
- Click 'Return.' Note: If the frame was pulled from your practice's physical inventory, the system will add it back into the inventory count.
- Access the insurance invoice associated to the order.
- Change the invoice status to "Active" and "Pending."
- Access the line items that have associated Adjustments and/or Transfers and remove them from the invoice.
- Click 'Save.' Note: The insurance invoice should now reflect a $0.00 balance.
- Access the patient's invoice associated to the order.
- Remove any charges reflected on the invoice. If the patient has previously paid their invoice, a credit displays in the amount paid.
- If a credit has been created on the patient's invoice, you can either:
- Grant the credit to the patient's account.
- Issue a refund to the patient.