RevPayments - Online Payments is a feature that is currently available for beta testing. If your practice is not designated as a beta testing location, we hope to have this feature available to all practices in the near future.
- Access Admin > Vendors/Partners > RevPayments > open a practice location.
- In the section for Online Payments, click 'Enabled.'
- Each practice location has a unique URL for the patients to pay online. In the Pay Online URL field, input a practice identifier. As an example, if your practice name is "Eyecare Eyecare" and has multiple locations, in Raymore and Belton. The URL for the Raymore location could be "eer." The Pay Online URL:
- Must be unique to the location.
- Lowercase alpha and numeric characters can be used.
- Three character minimum. Thirty character maximum.
- A dash "-" can be used but does not count towards the minimum character requirement. No other special characters.
- Easy for patients to type.
- ONCE SAVED, THE URL IDENTIFIER CANNOT BE CHANGED.
- Click the checkbox for "Include Pay Online section on statement printout."
- Click 'Save.'
The statement generation workflow process has not changed.
- In the Print Statements modal, the box for "Mark as printed" must be checked. See Example
- The statements include a section that provides instructions to the patient to Pay Online. Note: The URL that was created in Step #3 above is included in the statement. The patient also has the option to scan a QR code to be directed to the online payment website. See Example
Patient Online Payments
- If a logo is uploaded to the location within Admin > General > Locations > Details, the patient payment screen header displays the location's logo. If a logo is not uploaded, the screen header displays the "Print Name As" field located in Admin > General > Locations > Details > Basic Information. See Example
- The location details that are displayed in the Online Payment website use the location that is indicated on the statement.
- The patient enters the payment code and zip code from the statement; then clicks 'Make a Payment.' See Example
- The current balance displayed is the account balance associated to the payer. The patient completes the payment information. Note: For our example, the patient will click "Save credit card on file." See Example ***See information below.
- Current Balance = (All Active and Authorized patient invoices) minus (Pending payments) for the payer listed in the 'Bill To' section of the statement.
- A paid receipt is generated with a print option. See Example
- The cardholder's credit card account is charged when they receive the successfully processed confirmation.
- The credit card payment is NOT applied within RevolutionEHR; it is processed with a Pending status. Complete the Apply Payment process below.
***Saved credit card:
- Is located within the patient file. Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Account > Saved Cards.
- If the patient has a credit card saved in their patient record, it will be displayed within the payment modal and can be used as a method of payment.
The workflow surrounding Apply Payments has not changed.
- Access Accounting > Payments.
- In the Status field, click 'Pending.'
- In the Payment Source field, click 'Online.'
- Click 'Search.'
- Open the statement.
- Complete payment details and click 'Process Payment.'
- Clicking the Process Payment button does not charge the patient's credit card. As noted in the Statements section above, the patient's credit card is charged when they successfully process their payment online.
- The Payment Date matches the date the payment was processed via the online payment website and is the date the cardholder's account was charged.
- Pending payments cannot be canceled. If need arises, the payment must be applied and then voided.