Within an eyeglass order, a billable item for a frame is automatically generated anytime a frame is selected from the product catalog. The following instructions describe how to create an eyeglass order that does not generate a billable item in the case where the frame is being supplied by the patient.
- Access Orders > start or open an existing order > Frame Information.
- Select Patient in the Source dropdown menu. This action displays a new button in the Frame Product Selection section.
- Click 'Add Patient Frame.'
- In the Add Patient Owned Frame modal, in the Manufacturer field, complete one of the following:
- Select "Patients own frame" from the dropdown menu. This allows you to to enter the frame information for frames that are not within your product catalog.
- Select the manufacturer from the dropdown menu. Select Brand and Collection information. This will NOT produce a billable item.
- Continue processing the order per regular procedures.