When a patient’s optical charges will be submitted to insurance, you will first create an insurance invoice and then transfer the patient portion to the patient to collect payment.
- Access Patients > search for and open a patient > Orders - Optical.
- Click the + icon.
- Select Eyeglass.
- In the Select an Eyeglass Rx modal, select the appropriate prescription.
- Complete the order.
- Click 'Save.'
- Access the Billing tab. Note: Order items are unassigned.
- Click the checkbox beside the items to assign to insurance.
- Click 'Bulk Assign.'
- Select the the appropriate entity to assign the charges. Note: An invoice is created and is available in Pending status. A hyperlink to the invoice displays in the Payers/Invoices grid.
- Click the hyperlink to open the invoice.
- If appropriate, transfer items to a patient invoice.