Review is the second stage within Inventory Reconciliation. In order to review the discrepancies within an inventory report, instructions for Inventory Reconciliation - Create Report and Inventory Reconciliation - Count must be completed.
- All inventory items that have an "Expected Inventory" number that is not equal to the "Counted Inventory" number will be listed in the grid below "Inventory Discrepancies." Notice, the "Actual" column has been populated with the same number from the "Counted Inventory" column. See Example
- Review the discrepancies and verify the inventory.
- When you have completed reviewing a product discrepancy, if necessary, change the "Actual" column to the newly verified count. Add "Notes" for future clarification, if appropriate. The number displayed in the "Actual" column will be the updated "Stock" quantity within the item's Inventory tab when Reconciliation is complete.
- Continue the process of reviewing discrepancies until all items have been reviewed.
- Throughout this process, click 'View Report Details' for a Report Summary.
- When COMPLETELY done with reviewing and updating discrepancies, click 'Finished Reviewing.' This action will update the products' physical inventory stock count and change the report status to "Reconciled." See Inventory Reconciliation - Reconciled for additional information.
- Note: The 'Print' button has a dropdown menu that will allow you to print either a "Full Report" or "Discrepancies Only."
A report can be canceled within Inventory Reconciliation - Count and within Inventory Reconciliation - Review. However, within Review, a report cannot be canceled if the user has enabled 'Finished Reviewing.' The action of 'Finished Reviewing' changes the report to Reconciled status, thus, it can no longer be canceled.