The workflow surrounding order creation, status updates, and billing is the same as non-ABB orders. Each section below will cover only those areas of the order affected by the ABB integration.
- Select SmartFlow from the Processor dropdown menu.
- Select ABB from the Name dropdown menu.
- Select packaging from the dropdown menu.
- If the contact lens product associated to the Rx is available in colors, select the appropriate color. If the product is not available in colors, no color options display within the dropdown menu.
The action of approving orders has not changed. However, RevolutionEHR performs some order validation of SmartFlow orders before approving the order. Validation of the order must be successful before the order is updated to Approved. The following validation checks are performed:
- Rx does not pass validation.
- Vendor is not selected.
- Packaging is not selected.
- Color is not selected. Note: This is only required for lenses that have colors.
- Contact lens product indicated on the Rx has not been associated with SmartFlow.
- Quantity field is zero for both OD and OS.
Note: SmartFlow orders are validated upon Approve, for this reason the fields for Processor and Name within the Order Details slider can only be edited for New orders. Once the order has been Approved, these fields can no longer be edited.
Pressing the Transmit button on SmartFlow orders transmits the order directly to ABB and updates the SmartFlow Order # within the Supplier/Distributor section.
- Batch Ordering: We recommend using the Batch ordering feature due to transmitting orders individually may result in extra shipping charges. To submit batch orders, users should approve orders throughout the day and then at the end of the day, utilize the Orders Dashboard to Change Status on all ABB orders at one time using multi-select.
Once the order has been transmitted, SmartFlow continuously checks for order status updates from ABB. If there is a status change, SmartFlow automatically updates the order status in RevolutionEHR. The workflow surrounding the statuses of Receive, Dispense, and Complete has not changed.
With the integration to ABB, there are some new status values possible on your orders.
- Vendor Received: Indicates the order was received by ABB. The Vendor Order # field is updated by SmartFlow (from ABB) and represents the order number within ABB. It's their order number in case it is needed for order troubleshooting.
- Vendor Approved: Indicates the order was approved by ABB.
- Vendor Rejected: Indicates the order was rejected by ABB. To help manage orders that have been rejected by ABB, a task will be sent to the employee that approved the order and the employee that transmitted the order. Any questions related to why the order was rejected should be directed to RevolutionEHR Customer Support.
- The ability to filter by Vendor Rejected status is available in Advanced Search within the Orders Dashboard.
- Vendor Shipped: Indicates ABB fulfilled the complete order. Note that if ABB ships only a partial order (e.g. boxes for one eye only since the other eye was out of stock/back ordered), the RevolutionEHR order status will not be changed to Shipped. It is changed to Shipped only when the entire order has been shipped by ABB.
If the order is open when these statuses are updated, close the order and reopen to see the latest changes. All the status changes will be reflected in the Orders Dashboard and within Order Status History and Notes.