The workflow surrounding order creation, status updates, and billing is the same as non-Hoya orders. Each section below covers only those areas of the order affected by the Hoya integration.
If your practice is sending a frame to Hoya, we recommend you include the following information:
- Practice name
- Practice account number
- Practice phone number
- Practice staff member's name
- Patient name
- Order Details
- Select SmartFlow from the Processor dropdown menu.
- Select the appropriate Hoya location from the Name dropdown menu.
- Select the appropriate Lens Request from the dropdown menu. The selection made in this dropdown menu affects the Indicator dropdown menu in the Frame Information slider. If the Lens Request selection is Request Finished, the Indicator field in Frame Information must be either To Come, Dropship to Lab, or Lab Supplied.
- Note: Information input into the Instructions field is transmitted to Hoya with the order.
- Rx and Lens Information
- The product options available within OD Lens, OS Lens, Lens Options, Tints, and Coatings only display Hoya eyeglass lens and eyeglass lens treatments that are associated with SmartFlow.
- The Select Product Item modal for OD Lens and OS Lens has a Lens Type filter option available.
- Each lookup modal only displays options that correspond to that field. (e.g., AR Coating only displays products that have a Sub Category of AR Coating).
- If Material indicates the lens includes a coloring trait, it is necessary to select the corresponding Photochromic or Polarized option that specifies the color.
- If Tint Type is selected, you must also choose a Tint Factor and enter Density %.
- Frame Information
- Frame information must include Manufacturer and Model. If the required information is not included, the order will likely be rejected by Hoya.
The action of approving orders has not changed. However, RevolutionEHR performs some order validation of SmartFlow orders before approving the order. Validation of the order must be successful before the order is updated to Approved. The following validation checks are performed:
- Processor and/or Name is not selected.
- If the Rx does not contain an Add power, the system will validate that the Lens Type is Single Vision.
- If only OD Lens or OS Lens is selected, the system will validate the user only ordered one lens.
- Lens, material, and/or coating(s) combination is not available.
- Color is not selected. Note: This is only required for lenses that have colors.
- All required frame fields are included.
Note: SmartFlow orders are validated upon Approve, for this reason the fields for Processor and Name within the Order Details slider can only be edited for New orders. Once the order has been Approved, these fields can no longer be edited.
Pressing the Transmit button on SmartFlow orders transmits the order directly to Hoya and updates the SmartFlow Order # within the Supplier/Distributor section.
To accommodate situations that require the practice to send in a frame, the printed order has the message "THIS IS A COPY OF AN ELECTRONIC ORDER. NO NOT DUPLICATE."
Once the order has been transmitted, SmartFlow continuously checks for order status updates from Hoya. If there is a status change, SmartFlow automatically updates the order status in RevolutionEHR. The workflow surrounding the statuses of Receive, Dispense, and Complete has not changed.
- With the integration to Hoya, there are some new status values possible on your orders.
- Vendor Received: Indicates the order was received by Hoya. The Vendor Order # field is updated by SmartFlow (from Hoya) and represents the order number within Hoya. It's their order number in case it is needed for order troubleshooting.
- Vendor Approved: Indicates the order was approved by Hoya.
- Vendor Rejected: Indicates the order was rejected by Hoya. To help manage orders that have been rejected by Hoya, a task will be sent to the employee that approved the order and the employee that transmitted the order. Any questions related to why the order was rejected should be directed to RevolutionEHR Customer Support.
- The ability to filter by Vendor Rejected status has been added to the Advanced Search within the Orders Dashboard.
- Vendor Shipped: Indicates Hoya fulfilled the complete order.
If the order is open when these statuses are updated, close the order and reopen to see the latest changes. All the status changes will be reflected in the Orders Dashboard and within Order Status History and Notes.