The workflow surrounding order creation, status updates, and billing is the same as non-New Era orders. Each section below will cover only those areas of the order affected by the New Era integration.
- Select SmartFlow from the Processor dropdown menu.
- Select New Era from the Name dropdown menu.
- Select packaging from the dropdown menu.
- If the contact lens product associated to the Rx is available in colors, select the appropriate color. If the product is not available in colors, no color options display within the dropdown menu.
The action of approving orders has not changed. However, RevolutionEHR performs some order validation of SmartFlow orders before approving the order. Validation of the order must be successful before the order is updated to Approved. The following validation checks are performed:
- Rx does not pass validation.
- Vendor is not selected.
- Packaging is not selected.
- Color is not selected. Note: This is only required for lenses that have colors.
- Contact lens product indicated on the Rx has not been associated with SmartFlow.
- Quantity field is zero for both OD and OS.
Note: SmartFlow orders are validated upon Approve, for this reason the fields for Processor and Name within Order Details can only be edited for New orders. Once the order has been Approved, these fields can no longer be edited.
Orders can be transmitted to New Era as either a single order or a set of orders can be bundled into a batch. Since New Era starts processing contact lens orders when they receive them, shipping charges might be assessed for each individual order (depending on the timing of the order, the quantities included in the order, and the shipping arrangement and minimum orders your office might have with New Era). By submitting orders in a batch, you can potentially avoid additional shipping charges since all of the orders in the batch are considered a single shipment by New Era. If the batch contains orders that are shipped to different locations (e.g. a mixture of orders sent to the practice and orders sent directly to the patient), SmartFlow groups those orders for you into a single order per shipping address.
- Throughout the day, create and approve CL orders for New Era. However, do NOT Transmit the individual orders from the specific order screen.
- When you have enough orders (depending on your shipping contract with New Era, and/or you have reached the minimum threshold for shipping discounts), access the Orders Dashboard.
- Filter the order list for the orders you are ready to transmit.
- Click the checkbox in the rows that contain the New Era orders that need to be transmitted. To check all orders in the list, check the checkbox at the top of the left column in the order list grid.
- Select Change Status from the Actions dropdown menu.
- In the Change Order Status modal (that automatically displays after step #5), click 'Change Status.'
- Selected orders are sent to New Era in a batch.
Transmit Single Order
A single order can be transmitted to New Era in either of the following ways:
- Access the Order Details screen .
- Create and approve an order.
- Click 'Transmit Order.'
- The order is sent to New Era.
- Access the Orders Dashboard.
- Click the checkbox beside the order.
- In the Actions dropdown menu, select Change Status.
- In the Change Order Status modal (that automatically displays after step #3), click 'Change Status.'
- The selected order is sent to New Era.
Once the order has been transmitted, SmartFlow continuously checks for order status updates from New Era. If there is a status change, SmartFlow automatically updates the order status in RevolutionEHR. The workflow surrounding the statuses of Receive, Dispense, and Complete has not changed.
With the integration to New Era, there are some new status values possible on your orders.
- Vendor Received: Indicates the order was received by New Era. The Vendor Order # field is updated by SmartFlow (from New Era) and represents the order number within New Era. It is their order number in case it is needed for order troubleshooting.
- Vendor Approved: Indicates the order was approved by New Era.
- Vendor Rejected: Indicates the order was rejected by New Era. To help manage orders that have been rejected by New Era, a task will be sent to the employee that approved the order and the employee that transmitted the order. Any questions related to why the order was rejected should be directed to RevolutionEHR Customer Support.
- The ability to filter by Vendor Rejected status is available in Advanced Search within the Orders Dashboard.
- Vendor Shipped: Indicates New Era fulfilled the complete order. If New Era ships only a partial order (e.g. boxes for one eye only since the other eye was out of stock/back ordered), the RevolutionEHR order status will not be changed to Shipped. It is changed to Shipped only when the entire order has been shipped by New Era.
If the order is open when these statuses are updated, close the order and reopen to see the latest changes. All the status changes will be reflected in the Orders Dashboard and within Order Status History and Notes.