Follow the instructions for RevIntegrator for Imaging before continuing with these instructions.
Carl Zeiss Forum is not compatible with Windows 11. Thus, it should not be integrated if you are using a PC that has Windows 11 as its operating system.
Each browser used must have configuration settings. Follow the instructions below for each browser type used on each PC. These setting will need to be configured only once. The first time "Launch Zeiss Forum" or "Export to Zeiss forum"' is used in:
- Firefox: A popup window displays. Click 'OK.'
- Chrome: A message displays that indicates a popup was blocked. Click the option for "Always allow pop-ups from..." and click 'Done.'
- Internet Explorer: A View Downloads dialog box displays. On the highlighted file, click 'Open.'
- From RevIntegrator for Imaging, access Edit > Settings.
- Access the Integrator tab, input User Name, Password, and Location ID.
- Access the Extensions tab, click 'Forum Extension.' Leave this open for the moment and continue with #4.
- While logged into the Forum Server, open Zeiss Forum viewer software.
- Copy the information that is displayed in the field for "EMR Interface Directory" and paste it into the field for "EMR Worklist Directory" from the opened 'Forum Extension' within step #3.
- Click 'Save and Close' after you have pasted the information.
- Check the box beside Activate EMR Interface. Click 'Save.'
- Logon to the computer that has Zeiss configured.
- Start RevIntegrator for Imaging, from the desktop icon or the Start menu.
- Click 'Edit,' and 'Settings.' A Settings dialog box displays.
- Click the tab for 'LAN Configs.'
- Click 'Start Server.' Click 'Save and Close.' This action programs the computer to begin "broadcasting" Zeiss configuration information to all computers that will be setup as "receivers."
- Start RevIntegrator for Imaging on each computer within the practice.
- Click 'Edit,' and 'Settings.' A settings dialog box displays.
- Click the tab for 'LAN Configs.'
- Click 'Launch Client.' RevIntegrator for Imaging closes temporarily while it locates the Broadcast computer.
- Click 'Exit.'
Patient records will be created and maintained within RevolutionEHR and then exported to Zeiss. Practices that have been using Zeiss Forum will likely have a large list of patients, DICOM images, and notes. It will be helpful to merge historic patients into the newly created RevolutionEHR patient instead of maintaining duplicate patient records within Zeiss.
- Within Zeiss, right-click on a patient, select "Show Patient in Patient Administration."
- Select the historic patient on the right-hand side of the Patient Administration screen.
- Click 'Merge patient data within left patient.'
Within a Patient's File
- Access Patients > search for and open a patient.
- Click 'Export' and select Export to Zeiss Forum. Note: The Export button is located within the patient's file header.
Within an Encounter
- Open a patient's encounter.
- Click 'Export to Zeiss Forum.'
The following fields of information are exported from RevolutionEHR to Zeiss Forum.
|RevolutionEHR Field||Zeiss Forum Field|
|Patient's last name||Family name|
|Patient's first name||Given name|
|Patient's middle name||Middle name|
|Patient suffix||Name suffix|
|Patient Id||Patient id|
|Issuer of Patient Id||"RevolutionEHR" (literal text)|
|Patient's Date of Birth||Patient's birth date|
|Encounter Id||Accession number|
|Encounter Start Date||Start date|
|Encounter Start Time||Start time|