Devices Supported: AKR550, AKR750.
We recommend using the CBOX method of integrating with the Essilor device. However, your practice can use a direct serial connection. Access CBOX to follow the instructions for the preferred integration method, or continue with the instructions on this page to use a direct serial connection.
Follow the Instructions for RevIntegrator before continuing with these instructions.
The required cable is a null modem cable, D89 female to D89 female. This cable connects the USB-to-Serial port adapter to the Essilor device.
The cable connections depend on the device. If using a USB-to-Serial (RS232) adapter, we recommend choosing from the following: Dynex DX-UBDB9, IO Gear GUC232A, Ativa 8280545, Startech 4 Port RS-232 Serial to USB Adapter (Model #ICUSB234).
- Open RevIntegrator on your desktop. Click the Settings menu to add an Essilor device.
- Click 'Add Device.'
- Select the Essilor device from the list, click 'Add Device.'
- The newly added device displays in the top half of the Settings screen. Device settings are displayed in the lower half of the screen. Highlight "Port" and a dropdown menu icon will be available. Choose the appropriate COM port number.
- Click 'Save.'
Settings on the device should be verified and/or changed as indicated in the table below:
Baud rate: 9600
- Open RevIntegrator.
- Access RevolutionEHR > Patients > search for and open a patient > start an Encounter.
- Access RevIntegrator and click 'Refresh.' Note: The Refresh button is located by the Patients list and the Patient/Encounter should be listed.
- Select a Patient.
- Select the device from the Devices list.
- Click 'Capture Data.'
- Data is captured and the Preview Data screen displays. Review the data.
- Click 'Send to RevolutionEHR.'
- Access the patient's encounter within RevolutionEHR.
- Click 'Refresh.'
- The device data is displayed within the encounter.