Complete the instructions for Marco Connect and Marco Connect - Test Configuration before continuing with this information.
- Click the Marco icon on your desktop and log in using your regular RevolutionEHR username and password.
- A patient list displays. (The list of patients includes encounters that are active and not marked complete.) Click 'Select' beside the correct patient.
- Marco Connect software communicates directly with the RevolutionEHR servers, thus, you do not need to be logged into RevolutionEHR for the interface to work. If you are in a patient encounter when using Marco Connect, click the refresh button to load the new data.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Partial Data Submissions: This issue is caused by the computer temporarily shutting down to save power. To disable power save:
- Open "Device Manager."
- Click 'Universal Serial bus controllers.'
- Click 'Generic USB Hub.'
- From the Properties dialogue box, click the 'Power Management' tab.
- Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
- Click 'OK.'
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 for all "USB Root Hub" that are listed.
- Login Error Message: If the Login Error message is displayed, settings must be manually modified.
- Access the following file location on your hard drive. C:\Program Files (x86)\Marco Ophthalmic\Marco Connect\Resources\revolutionehr.ini
- Copy the file and paste the backup in the same location. The revolutionehr.ini file contains settings that are specific to a practice and the production URL of the device web services.
- Open the file using Notepad.
- Update the URL:
- Update the Location number. To obtain Location Number: Access RevolutionEHR > Admin > General > Locations. (Make a note of the location number assigned to your location.)
- Note: The UserName and Password cannot be modified. These are encrypted and cannot be updated in Notepad.
- Click 'File' and select 'Save.'
- Click 'File' and select 'Exit.'
- Unsupported Location: An error may display that indicates Marco connect is not available within the United States. To fix this issue:
- Open "Control Panel."
- Double-click "Region and Language."
- In the dialogue box, click the 'Formats' tab.
- In the "Format" dropdown menu, select "English (United States)."
- Click 'OK.'