Follow the instructions for RevIntegrator before continuing with these instructions. Contact your device account representative or their support team (AIT Technical Support: 800.729.1959) to receive help with the Visionix device.
Follow the device manufacturer's instructions for unpacking, cabling, and powering up the instrument. The cable connections depend on the device. If using a USB-to-Serial (RS232) adapter, we recommend the following: Dynex DX-UBDB9, IO Gear GUC232A, Ativa 828-545, Startech 4 Port RS-232 Serial to USB Adapter (Model #ICUSB2324). If using L78, L79, or L80, use the female 9 pin D-shell null modem serial cable to connect the device to the PC.
Instructions for VX35 and VX40
- Connect the null modem cable to the COM port on the back of the device.
- Connect the null modem cable to the PC using a USB-to-Serial port adapter cable.
- Click the 'Settings' icon in the upper right corner.
- Input XYZ in the Data Output field.
- Click 'Save.'
- From the Settings area, click 'Com.'
- Select the appropriate settings.
- Click the green check mark button to save Communication settings.
- With RevIntegrator installed and running, click 'Settings.'
- Highlight the Visionix device.
- Click 'Add Device.' The device is now listed on the top half of the Settings menu.
- Select the appropriate COM port number from the dropdown list.
- Click 'Save'
Instructions for VX55 and VX60
- These devices are supported via the VXBox and XML files.
- The phoropter sends results to the VXBox.
- The VBox exports results from Step #1.
- RevIntegrator opens, parses, and displays the results.
- Click 'Send to RevolutionEHR.' Note: This action uploads results to a specific patient's encounter.
Instructions for VX120
- Export the VX120 to an External Device.
- Click the 'Export Data' sub-tab of the Export tab.
- Click the checkboxes of the data to export from the USB field.
- Click the checkboxes of the data to export from the Network field.
- Click the path from the Export Directory dropdown.
- Click the checkbox External Device to export data to an external device.
From within a patient's in-progress encounter:
- Take the measurements on the Visionix device.
- Click 'Print.' This action sends data to the RS232C port. Note: To disable the use of the RS232C port only setting, turn the print mode off, (refer to device manual).
- Open RevIntegrator.
- In the Capture Data screen, highlight the patient.
- Highlight the device.
- Click 'Capture Data.'
- Continue to work with the patient and device to capture measurements. Click 'Print' or 'Export' when finished with the patient.
- RevIntegrator will parse and display the results in the Preview Data screen.
- Click 'Send to RevolutionEHR.'
- To review results, open RevolutionEHR, search for the patient, and open the patient's encounter. Note: If test results are not displayed, click 'Refresh.'
|L67, L78, L79, L80||Autorefraction
|VX40||Lensometry with Prism|
|VX55, VX60, VX65||
Final Refraction with Prism
|Eye Refract, VX650||