Enter and maintain patient records within RevolutionEHR, then export the data. Data export can be processed in either of the following ways:
- In the Patient Summary screen, within the Action Menu, click 'Export.'
- In the dropdown menu, click 'Export to Optos.'
- From any opened component (e.g. Insurance, Exam History), within the header bar, click 'Export To Optos.'
The following fields of information are exported:
|RevolutionEHR Field||Optos Field|
|First name||Given name|
|Last name||Family name|
|Middle name||Middle name|
|Patient Id||Patient Id|
|DOB||Patient's birth date|
Capture and save images within RevolutionEHR, then export the images to Review or Advance.
- Open a patient encounter.
- Within the header bar of the encounter, click 'Launch Optos Review.'
Each web browser must be configured to allow Optos to run on the computer. Instructions for the different web browsers are below and will only need to be completed the first time information is exported. Regardless of which browser is used - the first step to configure the browser is to click 'Export to Optos.'
- Firefox: A popup window displays, click 'OK.'
- Chrome: A popup window displays that indicates a popup was blocked. Click the radio button for 'Always allow popups from...." Click 'Done.'
- Edge: A "View Downloads" dialog box displays. Click 'Open,' on the line item that is highlighted. Click 'Close.'
Update Existing Records
The integration between RevolutionEHR and Optos is based on the Patient Id field. If the two systems have the same Patient Id number, they can "talk" to each other. Practices that have years of patient records stored in Optos should consider manually updating the Patient Id to match the Patient Id in RevolutionEHR. The Optos Patient Id field should be updated prior to exporting from RevolutionEHR. If an update to the Optos Patient Id field is not completed before an export from RevolutionEHR, there will be two patient records within Optos.
Daytona System: For practices using the Daytona system, along with its tethered tablet, you will need to install Scheduler.exe on at least one PC somewhere in the practice (e.g. front desk, technician's PC). This will be the PC responsible for exporting patient demographics from RevolutionEHR to the Optos system.
- Locate the Vantage software for Image server. Note: This is the PC that is used to save images from an Optos camera that is not directly connected to the PC.
- Find the location C:\ProgramFiles\Optos\OptomapApplications.
- For practices using the Daytona or newer (i.e. California icg, California fa and Monaco) systems, along with its tethered tablet, you will need to install Scheduler.exe on at least one PC somewhere in the practice. Typically this PC might be at the front desk, or it might be a technician’s PC. This PC would be responsible for exporting patient demographics from RevolutionEHR into the Optos system. In order to install Scheduler.exe, locate the Vantage software for Image server (the PC that is used for saving images from an Optos camera where it is not directly connected). On that server, browse to the location “C:\Program Files\Optos\Optos Applications,” then locate scheduler.exe. This software application can be copied to the front desk or technician’s PC, into a similar folder structure: “C:\Program Files\Optos\Optos Applications\scheduler.exe.” Once the scheduler.exe software is installed and working on the local PC, run Optos Optomap and run the integration.